Monday, November 21, 2011

Another Christmas Decor Sneak Peak & Happy Birthday to Me :)

Hello friends!!  I hope you are all doing well and are now in full Thanksgiving mode.....

I've already got my "stretchy" pants all washed and ready to go for the big day.....ha, ha!!  BUT.....since today was my birthday....and we ate A LOT....and my Mom made me a red velvet birthday cake.....which I ate WAY too much of......I may have to get those stretchy pants out early :)  LOL....well....kinda.....

SO....anyway.....as you guys know I decided to go ahead and get the happiness flowing by getting my Christmas stuff out a little early this year.....and we really did make a lot of progress on getting everything decorated last week.....don't get me wrong....WE ARE NOT DONE.....BUT I'd say we are maybe 75% complete (sorry....my inner nerdy engineer needed to quantify it)......

BUT I am so excited about the way my dining room is coming together that I just have to share a little sneak peak of what's to come when it's finished.....I guess technically I already did that when I shared my new centerpiece here......BUT......whatever.....just pretend like this is the first time....okay??  Sorry.....I'm just so excited about it....I've never attempted to do a themed room before, so I'm having a lot of fun with it!  :)

So.....here you go....some more Christmas beautifulness (probably not a real word) in silver, white, and aqua? blue.....

This is on top of my China cabinet in the dining room.....


I've also got little white lights inside of the silver "tulle", so it will glow at night.....but haven't gotten a pic of that yet....

Here are a few up close pics (the first is my favorite!).....

The ornaments are all from Target and the "stuff" popping out of the candle holders is from Hobby Lobby (got it half off.....yay!).


The little "trees" below are from Hobby Lobby (got them half off too!) and were part of the display that started my little obsession with this color scheme for this room....


And here's a super easy, but pretty little thing.....just popped a few ornaments on top of a silver tray.....


Sorry....you know me.....I like EASY!!

AND.....I have more to show....but I think this is a good stopping place for now.....

I have big plans this week to do some crafting, so hopefully I'll be able to share a little of that too :)

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal



6 comments:

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Very pretty! I love the blue and silver colors. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby where I live.

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Joy-
Thanks again!! I fell in love with this color scheme after I saw that display at Hobby Lobby!!

We are SO lucky that we live close to several Hobby Lobby’s and Michael’s....

Kristal

Leasa said...

I love the color scheme. I actually use the same in our bedroom but the rest of the house is red, white, silver, and lime. I really like the vase with the ornament sticks!

I stopped by from Southern Hospitality's party hope you come and check me out.

I am also a new follower.

Vonda said...

Love your mantel! It's beautiful and I'm so drawn to anything in the blue family.

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Leasa-
Thanks SO much!! This is the only room in my house with this color scheme too....and I love it!!

I can’t wait to check out your blog!!

Kristal

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Vonda-
Thanks SO much!!

I just checked out your blog....love your stenciling in your kitchen area....

Kristal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...