Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Santa Hats!!! Crafting....Crafting....and More Crafting....

Hello friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are now looking forward to Christmas!!  This time of year is SO fun and SO busy!!  I LOVE IT!!

SO....realizing that December is going to be a whirlwind of activity......I was determined to get in some crafting time during Thanksgiving....but then every day seemed so busy....thank goodness on the Friday after Thanksgiving there was finally some time to craft!  Yahoo!!  Even better.....I had my Mom and sister with me.....so I talked them into doing some crafting too!

My sister was interested in making a Santa Hat craft that I had made last year for Christmas.  These guys are SO cute.....I wish I could take credit for the idea, but I can't.....I actually saw these first over at Thrifty Decor Chick....and you can find her version here.....

First.....let me show you these cuties.....


Are they not adorable??  I just love these little guys :)

I wish I had them sitting in a silver tray with some ornaments surrounding them....that's how I had them at my house last year.....but I took this pic at my Mom's house right after they were made.....so sorry......staging not available.....ha, ha!

My sister actually made these.....with a lot of "coaching" (as she says) from me......she said that I could entitle this post "If my sister can make these, then anyone can make these".....BUT I'm not that mean....well....maybe sometimes I am.....but not today :) 

Seriously....they are EASY!!  If you can hot glue......then you can make these.....promise!!

SO.....let's start with the materials.....


You'll need....
Styrofoam cones (your choice, but using three of various sizes makes for a cute grouping)
Square "Rhinestone Jewels"
"Pom Pom" white poof balls
Black velvet ribbon (or something similar)
White "fur" type fabric (or something similar)

Side note....the Styrofoam cones can be expensive $5 - $8 each.....so I've seen some tutorials where people have subbed a piece of cut posterboard in place of the Styrofoam cone....haven't tried it yet....but looks like it would work.....you can find the tutorial here......

Here's an up close of some of the materials....

The "velvet" ribbon....and the "fur" (I got these at JoAnn's Fabrics).......



And here are the "rhinestone jewels" and the Pom Poms (got these at Hobby Lobby)......



And......now.....the directions.....


First....Cover the cone with fabric and hot glue it to keep it in place.....



Next put on the pom pom poof ball and then add the "fur" at the bottom.....


And then....add the Velvet Belt.....


And next....add the "Rhinestone Jewels".....

I suggest that you lay them out on a table first, so that you can make sure to get the placement right....



And....that's it!!  Now you can enjoy these cuties.....


And a couple more pics of them around the house....



They are just SO darn cute!! 

So.....what Christmas crafts are you guys working on.....I'm always looking for new ideas!!  During Thanksgiving we made a few more things.....can't wait to show you those too!!  Ahhh....such fun!!

So....anyone thinking of making these??  They really are SO easy!!  If you make them, then please send me a pic....I'd love to see your versions!!

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...