Friday, March 16, 2012

DIY Deco Mesh St. Patrick's Day Wreath

Hello friends!! Well....we are on the downhill slope now heading into the weekend!! Yahoo!!

And the weekend means St. Patrick's Day (better get your green on!).....of course I've already showed you guys our St. Patrick's Day Mantle and front door decor HERE.....and I promised in that post that I would show you guys how I made the wreath for the front door.....

You might remember that I made a ton bunch of deco mesh wreaths around Christmas time.....you can see those HERE and HERE if you missed them the first time.....

And.....after Christmas I got this cool green deco mesh type material half price (score!)....

I had plans to use it next Christmas.....but then a little old thing called St. Patrick's Day came around and I remembered that I had this stored back....and I started thinking that this stuff might make a great St. Patrick's Day Wreath.....

And then I hit a snag in my plan.....What was I going to use for the base of the wreath???

Hmmmmm.....the Christmas wreaths were so easy....those little fake pine/cedar wreaths made a perfect base with all their bendable branches!!

But....I just couldn't see myself using one of those types of wreaths this time of year.....

SO.....I did what I always do when I need to know something.....I googled it.....LOL.....but seriously.....I did.....

And I found these things....



It is a Work Wreath Form and it can be found HERE at the Mardi Gras Outlet and it is pretty cheap at just $7....

BUT....I would have to order it.....and wait for it to come in....gah!  I was in the mood for some DIY action!!  SO....I decided to improvise.....

SO.....I headed out to Michael's and I found just what I needed to make my own Deco Mesh Wreath Form.....


It is a basic floral wire form plus some colored pipe cleaners (tied onto the form)....yep.....looks a lot like the ready made wreath form that I saw online.....cool!!

Once you have the form put together....it's really simple to finish out the wreath.....just take your deco mesh and attach it to the wreath form by tying the pipe cleaners around the mesh......like so.....


And then you just simply continue folding / bunching the mesh up and tying it onto the form with the pipe cleaners.....

And soon you'll have this.....


Ohhhhhh....Love It!!

And then I added the little cross with an Irish blessing to the middle.....


And....I've already shown you the finished product....but just for fun....here is the wreath hanging on the front door :)


Soooo.....this is a St. Patrick's Day Wreath.....but.....you can use the same process to make any type of wreath that you like....and you know Easter is just around the corner..... ;)

So....anyone else made a wreath like this one?  Anyone thinking about making one?  I'd love to know about it and see some pics if you want to share....

But for now....it's late....so I better run....

Until next time....

XOXO-
Kristal

I'm linking up here.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...