Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Goodbye Fall.....Hello Christmas.....

Hello friends!  I hope your week is off to a good start!!

As you guys know....things have been a little rough around here lately....with my Dad's broken leg that I talked about here and my Mom's broken foot that I talked about here.......you wouldn't think that much more could happen....BUT.....a few more (not good) things have happened.......but.......I won't get into all that tonight......

SO.....we need some FUN around here.....and we need some HAPPY things too!!  SO.....we are putting up our Christmas stuff NOW!!  I LOVE Christmas!!  It is such a happy time of year and it seems like most people are just in a better mood.....

SO....I am hoping that getting all our Christmas stuff out will help get us all back to our normally happy selves.....

SO....seriously.....don't hate on me b/c I'm a little early this year with the decorations.....believe me....I'm with you......these stores that start putting out Christmas stuff in July/August have LOST THEIR MINDS!!  Seriously....it's ridiculous.....BUT hopefully since I'm only a couple of weeks early....you guys who think I'm too early can forgive me just this once :)

SO.....I saw a display at Hobby Lobby a few months ago.....with the whole display being done in silver, white, and a aqua? blue.....and right then I decided that I wanted to do a whole room with this color scheme.....something totally new for me.....since normally I just drag out all the same old stuff year after year......

SO......here is the first thing that I put together for this room.....


Ummmm.....LOVE IT!!  :)

I already had everything in the picture except for the Christmas ball centerpiece....and I put that cutie together yesterday.....ok.....so confession time......I actually intended for it to be a wreath.....I made one last year (I'll show ya later) with no problems, but the wire I used this time wasn't stiff enough to hold the ornaments in shape.....SO......my wreath kept collapsing on itself.....ugh!!  SO.....while I was trying to decide how to fix my little problem (aka....start over with the wreath).....I laid the "wreath" down on the table.....and.....then I really like how it looked.....and whattya know....my candle holder fit perfectly in the middle.....oh yeah.....I've got an awesome centerpiece!!  Cool!!

SO....I decided that I'm going to leave it here.....and probably make another wreath......

Here are a few more pics of this pretty little thing....





Of course I'm still going to change out the rocks in the other vases with something that will go more with the theme.....so hold tight....I'm just getting started.....

AND.....if your are interested in making one of these Christmas ball wreaths / centerpieces........they are SO EASY!!  Seriously.....anyone can make one of these......

All you need is a piece of wire....if you want the wreath, then you probably need wire with a thickness similar to a hanger.....so it will hold it's round shape.....

Then you just thread the Christmas balls onto the wire......some recommend that you hot glue the hanger part of the ornament onto the ball before you put onto the wire.....I didn't do this.....and had no problem.....but it probably depends on the ornaments that you are using.....so use your good judgement.....or try a few and see how it goes......

Once you've threaded all your ornaments onto the wire.....probably about 50-70 ornaments....depending on their size and how large of a wreath you want.....then just tie the wire back to itself......

AND.....BAM.....you've got yourself a gorgeous wreath or centerpiece!!  IT REALLY IS SO EASY AND LOOKS SO GOOD!!!

I hope you'll try it :)

I can't wait to share some more......but.....

Until then.....

XOXO-
Kristal

2 comments:

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Very pretty! I love the colors and the reflection in the mirror.

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Joy - Thank you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...