Monday, October 24, 2011

A Broken Leg.....and Some New Wood Floors

Hello friends!!  Whew.....what a LONG week it's been......you know how you've always got plans.....and then something happens......and suddenly all your plans are thrown out the window......well......that is definitely my story for this last week.......

My Mom called me late last Monday night to tell me that my Dad had been thrown off of a horse and was being taken by ambulance to the hospital......ummmm.....ok.......wow.......

The VERY good news.....he was talking and could move his arms and legs......oh.....thank you Lord!!

The not so good news.....it looked like his leg was broken......ok.....bummer......but......it would heal in time.....

So now.....three hospitals later......we know that his leg has a really nasty break up into the knee joint.....oh.....not good......and he will need a special orthopaedic trauma surgeon to put it all back together.....ugh......AND they can't do surgery until the swelling goes down............SO..........

They sent him home!!  Ummmmm......seriously......my Dad is not a small guy and my Mom is super tiny......so it has been a big challenge figuring out how to make this all work..........and SO........I've been in Arkansas for over a week now helping out.........and although exhausted at times......I am so thankful that I am able to be here to help out.......

My Dad is a superman.....and even he has struggled with this all.......and just so you know what we are dealing with here.....I talked him into letting me take this picture.....


Underneath that wrap there is a very heavy metal "cast" that essentially immobilizes the leg......

Yeah.....OUCH!! 

So......now you guys know what I've been up to and why you haven't heard from me in over a week.....

AND.....to make matters worse.....I left my computer at home in my haste to get up here......so unfortunately I don't have any of my pictures.....ugh....... I'm so anxious to show you guys so many things.....but it may be hard to do.....so......we'll see what I can come up with......

Ok.....so I have rambled on enough.....and I still haven't said one thing about new wood floors......so I guess I'll save that for next time.....

Until then.......

XOXO-
Kristal

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I will say a prayer for your Dad's leg and the upcoming surgery (my son needed surgery also when he broke his ankle). BUT, at least your father broke his leg is a pretty exciting way, by falling off a horse! He could have tripped over a rock or something, which wouldn't have sounded as good. ;)
Best,
Gloria

Unknown said...

Hi,

I can see that you are putting a lot of efforts into your blog. Keep posting the good work.Some really helpful information in there. Nice to see your site. Thanks!

Robert Tomlinson MD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...