Monday, November 7, 2011

Living Room Makeover

Hey guys!!  Well....life keeps throwing curve balls.....but I'm determined that we will get out of this "bad luck" streak sometime soon....

So.....last time I told you about my Dad's broken leg here.....And since then.....my Mom broke her foot....and she is now rocking one of these lovelies....


And then today....my baby woke up and had a 102+ fever.....and she threw up on me......oh yeah....nice.....

BUT....I've said it before.....and I'll say it again.....although all these things are inconvenient.....they are still minor in the scheme of things.....and we are SO thankful that these things are all that we are having to deal with!!

SO....anyway....let's talk about something WAY more fun!!  How about a little makeover action.....oh yeah.......that should get the happy thoughts flowing.....

So let's jump right on in.....and start with the "Before" pictures of our living room.....



Again....another creme room.....hmmmm.....imagine that.....

We started with an idea to make this an "adult" space with nice furniture and a bit of a cozy/jazz bar kind of feel.....

So our first decision was a risky one.....we decided to paint the walls a plum color.....I know.....sorta crazy.......but I think it turned out well.....the color was inspired by one of the colors in the rug that we chose for this room.......

AND.....without further delay.....here's the "After' pics......

The view looking into the room from our entryway....

An upclose look at the rug and the cubes....



A view of the room looking back out into the entryway.....


And a few up close pics with some of the details.....


And a few more.....interesting how the wall color looks so different in the pics....I would say the true color is closer to the one with the silver vase.....


And a few more showing off some of the bigger items (and yes that is a lava lamp in the corner)....




Of course....we had to put a TV in here....I know....I know....you true designers would say no to the TV....BUT.....we've found that if the room doesn't have a TV, then we NEVER go in there.....AND.....we don't believe in unused rooms.....so a TV was a must.....

AND....our house doesn't have a fireplace.......no biggie.....we live in Houston.....and it's HOT down here people....BUT.....I do LOVE the look of a fireplace......SO.....the hubs hooked me up for my birthday with this beauty......it's fake.....ok.....there.......I said it......but I still love it :)

And.....I couldn't leave this post without showing an upclose of the hubs awesome artwork...


Well.....we think we accomplished our vision....the room is super cozy and does have a bit of a jazzy feel.....so we are happy :)

A quick rundown on the things in the room......

Furniture - Barcalounger Black Leather (BIG splurge)
Rug - Lowe's
Cubes - Bed Bath and Beyond Faux Leather
End Tables - Ikea
Black Table - Target
"Fireplace" - Lowe's
"Bar" - Lowe's
Black Wall Shelves - Pottery Barn Outlet
Art - Courtesy of my awesome hubs
Artwork Frames - Made by hubs and our friend Tony

I think that's it.....I hope you guys like it!

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal

3 comments:

Rustown Mom said...

Wow - I like it. I need a little bar like that...next to my bed...

Gloria said...

Love that plum color, Kristal. And your entry in just GORGEOUS, love it! And I immediately noticed the 'plum/yellow' artwork and was impressed with it in the room, and when I read further that your hubby did it, I was more impressed! Really nice room.
Best,
Gloria
P.S. Your baby looks adorable in that photo!

Gloria said...

P.P.S. I forgot to say: sorry about your mom and dad's accidents!! It stinks when something happens with the foot or leg. I know... My son broke his ankle a couple of years ago!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...