Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Framing a Glass Block Bathroom Window....A Super Easy DIY Project!!

Hello friends!!  How is your week going?  My house is full with family (they are on spring break), so we are having a great week!!  I LOVE a full house :)

The only downer.....my little girl has been sick....again.....blah!  BUT she seems to be feeling better today, so let's hope that she's getting over it :)

I was planning on sharing something else with you guys today, but then something that we did this last weekend turned out SO great that I just couldn't wait to share it instead....

Isn't it cool when something turns out so much greater than what you expected?  Yep.....that ROCKS!!

So....you're probably wondering what is so great....huh......

Well.....as usual these days.....we were working on our Master Bathroom makeover.....and what started out as a little project to make our tiling work easier.....turned out to be an awesome addition all by itself.....

So....let me show you the "pretty" picture and then we'll talk about it some more.....


So...you've seen some of the things in this picture already.....I showed you the tile HERE and the lighting HERE......

But....what you haven't seen yet is the frame that we put around the glass block window.....I was just thrilled when I saw it all together for the first time....it really dresses up this little window :)

And.....Who doesn't have one of these lovely glass block windows in their bathroom?  At least if you live in Texas they are basically a requirement....

So.....why not dress them up a little and turn something bland into something grand (ha, ha....I am laughing at my cheesy rhyme)....

When we decided to frame our glass block window out we did it because we knew we were going to eventually tile on up this wall to the ceiling.....and we were trying to make the tiling work easier by giving ourselves a flat surface to tile up against.....

So....the frame was just a "means to an end" if you will....but once it came together....I was really excited b/c it looked SO great all on its own.....AND.....since I know so many of you guys have one of these types of windows too.....I just had to share!!

The frame we used is also very similar (although thinner) to the framing that we did on our bathroom mirrors that I showed you HERE.....

Which really ties the two sides of the room together.....ummmm....LOVE!!

So....enough with the dialogue.....and onto another pic.....here's one up close.....



I wish the pics were better, but I am still learning about photography....and really don't have a handle on how to get good pics of anything around a window.....So....all you camera geniuses can laugh if you want (but just do it quietly....k.....like so I can't hear you)......

And just so you can see what a big difference it made....here's a before and after pic.....


I LOVE IT!! 

Ok....so this is a super easy project....so.....anyone out there thinking you might tackle this one?  Seriously....I would love to hear about it and see your pics :)

Please do share!

Until next time....

XOXO-
Kristal

I'm linking up here.....

1 comment:

Sandra Ludwig said...

It’s so much better with the frame! All of a sudden your bathroom looks regal. No kidding! :) I think it’s because it’s beautifully tailored to fit the simple elegance of your bathroom. But more than that, the frame is an added security that you’re fab window will last.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...