Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cute & Inexpensive Christmas Gifts for Teachers and Friends

Hello friends!  Can you believe that Christmas is just 8 days away now.....crazy.....the month of December goes by SO fast!! 

Well....if your house is anything like mine.....then your life is BUSY right now!!  Of course I've waited until the last minute to do a lot of my shopping....which is totally my fault.....but that 's how I roll......and I guess it will never change.....sometimes I think I'll do better.....and shop early......but I know that I really won't......I think I like the thrill of the last minute shopping.....or I'm just a little sadistic......who knows.....but either way......I'll be shopping up until Christmas Eve......just like every year for as long as I can remember.......

BUT....one thing that I have already taken care of this year is gifts for my daughters preschool teachers.....

SO.....since they turned out so well.....I thought I would share with you guys in case you need some last minute cute and inexpensive teacher/friend/co-worker/neighbor gift ideas.....

SO.....here's a glimpse at what I came up with.....


AND....you might be wondering.....what is it?

Well......it started out as this.....


It's a candle from Bath & Body Works.....I LOVE THESE CANDLES!!  They have so many different scents to choose from.....and they are so fragrant.....and fabulous.....and awesome!!  I am burning the Twisted Peppermint as I type this.....yuuuuummmmmm....it smells SO GOOD!!

AND the best news.....they have them on sale right now!!  I got them this last week at 2 for $20!!  So....just $10 each.....and these candles last FOREVER!!  Seriously.....like months worth of burning.....so......in my book.......definitely worth the 10 bucks!

AND......once I had the candles, then all I needed to do was Christmas-fy them a little.....which was SO easy to do......

I used that awesome Deco Mesh stuff.....remember.....the magic stuff that I told you about HERE......

And to get started I just put the candle in the middle of a big piece.....like so.....


And then.....I folded one side over the candle......and I used a piece of tape to hold it in place while I pulled everything else together.....it should look something like this.....


And then I folded the other side over the candle.....and used a little more tape to help keep it in place while I finished pulling together the mesh......it looked like this......


And then I just pulled up the other two sides over the candle.....


And tied it with a cute ribbon......

And....if you use a wired ribbon.....then you can curl it just by wrapping it around your finger a couple of times.....Something like this....



And.....lastly.....I added a couple of ornaments to the front for a little flair.....I just tied them together with a piece of string and then tied them around the mesh....


Ummmm......yeah......doesn't get much easier than that!!  And.....I think they turned our so darn cute!!  And the best part.....they didn't cost a fortune!!  Yahoo!

I think these are great for teacher gifts or for friends or neighbors.....at just $10 each.....you really can't beat it!!

Here's one more little peak at these cuties....they are sitting on my car.....waiting to go inside to my daughters teachers......


The coolest thing....when I handed them to her teachers....the first thing they said was "Ohhhh....they are so pretty!!".......

Rock On!!  What a great feeling!!

AND.....if you need even more ideas.....then check out the Creativity Exchange by clicking HERE.....she has some great teacher gift ideas too!

SO.....how are you guys doing on your Christmas preparation.....have you bought all of your gifts?  Do you guys have any great teacher/friend inexpensive gift ideas.....oh....please do share!!

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal

2 comments:

snscott said...

My talented sister pulls off another one...These are beautiful!

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Summer-

You ROCK! Thanks for the nice comment :)

Kristal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...