Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Fourth.....And Final Wreath.....Revealed.....

Merry Christmas Week friends!  We are now T-5 and counting.....whew......the big day is almost here!!  I made a serious dent in my Christmas shopping today......thank goodness!!  I was seriously starting to get worried that I wasn't going to be able to pull it all together this year.....but......I'm feeling MUCH better now :)

SO.....since I'm feeling all good right now....I thought it would be a good time to reveal the fourth and final wreath that resulted from our Thanksgiving Craftfest that I told you guys about HERE......HERE.....and HERE.......

The fourth wreath is a bit similar to something that I've already shown you....remember when I showed you the centerpiece that I made for my dining table HERE......well....if you remember.....that centerpiece was actually supposed to be a wreath......but my wire was not cooperating......

SO.....I decided to give the ornament wreath another try.....and this time I used a better wire.....and......yes......success!!

So......here it is......hanging on my Mom's front door......


I think it turned out really cute!!  I especially like the silver ornaments mixed in that have a little detailing on them....they just give the wreath a little extra dimension.....too cool!!

So.....in my post on the centerpiece......I sorta gave directions for making one of these......but I didn't include any pics....and since I've gotten some questions on the "how to".....I thought maybe I should give a few more details......

So.....here's the step by step directions.....with pics!!

First.....get the ornaments......I like to use plastic for safety reasons (these came from Wal-Mart).....


And then some wire.......just make sure you use some sturdy wire, so the wreath will be able to hold it's shape.....I used some old wire my Dad had around the house......


Next....start putting the ornaments onto the wire.....


And here is how it will look after you get a few ornaments threaded on the wire.....


And after a few more.....you can see how it's starting to come together.......


And after a few more.....it's almost done......


Now.....all that's left is to bring the ends together and tie the wire.......make sure you pull the wire tight.....



And then.....just like magic.....it's finished!!


I just love this project!!  It's SO easy!!  And the result is awesome!!  Too fun!!

And here's one more look at this beauty hanging on the door.....


Are any of you making ornament wreaths or centerpieces this year?  There's still time....this is literally a 30 minute or less project from start to finish!! 

Or......if you don't have time to make one before Christmas, then you might considering getting yourself some ornaments on sale after Christmas to make one of these beauties for next year.....

We are already planning for some after Christmas craftiness at my house.......  :)

I hope y'all are having an amazing week!!

Until next time......

XOXO-
Kristal

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...