Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm Willing Fall To Come....Seriously....Please Come....We Need Some Cool Weather!!

It's HOT!!  Ugh!!  I am SO OVER this hot weather!!  Don't get me wrong....I've always been a lover of warm weather and the summertime, but seriously....it is just TOO DANG HOT!!  I know.....I know......I chose to live in Texas, so I guess the hot weather is part of the deal.......but still......  :)

So.....I decided to try and WILL fall to come.....I thought maybe if I just sort of pretend that its Fall...well, then maybe the weather might start cooperating.....ok, so its a long shot.....but hey....nothing else is working, so it's worth a try!!  Plus after all those post on the stairs (hard project).....I needed something EASY!!  So......here's the kind of project I love......SO EASY and SO QUICK and SO CHEAP!!

So.....this is what I came up with (please ignore the door that needs to be restained, the stucco that needs painting, etc)....


I mean what else says Fall like leaves changing color?  Ok.....so these aren't real......but like I said we are pretending....remember......so I had to make do with what was available......

So to put this baby together......I made a quick trip to Hobby Lobby (love that place)........where I found everything I needed........



 
Oh yeah....and it was all 1/2 price.....so this project only cost me $14!!  Yay!!  Momma likes cheap!!  And it turned out pretty cute......A nice little POP of color :)


I think I'm feeling cooler already (ha, ha!).  I am SO ready for some cool, crisp weather, hot cocoa, hay rides, pumpkin patches.....ahhhh......Fall......I love you!!  Please come to our house......SOON!!

Anyone else decorating for Fall?  I would love to hear about it!  Come on ya'll the more people we have pretending......well......surely that will make Fall come sooner......right??  Well......maybe not......but I would still love to hear what projects you guys are doing......

Until next time.....

XOXO,
Kristal

1 comment:

Barb Mills said...

Hi Kristal. Where in Houston do you live? We moved to Pearland after a brief 7-year stint in SW Dallas. I'm back home but like you I crave the Fall to start...and stay! I was wondering how you are holding up your fall door decor. Is it on a wreath hanger? I have a wreath on my door but I'm liking your idea better because I love love Fall colors and the pine trees in my yard are helping me get excited about Fall. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...