Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Balsamic Chicken....So Quick, So Easy, Sooooo Good!!

Hello friends!!  How is your week going?  I hope everyone is having a good start to the new year.....I know it can be hard.....I remember when I was working full time that I always went through an after holiday depression of sorts.....BUT.....it is the start of the new year, so I hope that you may also be finding some joy in thinking about the many possibilities for 2012!!

One thing that we are going to try and work on this year is eating at home more and eating healthier.....I think I've told you guys before about our very bad habit of eating out almost every....single.....night!  In some ways this bad habit was sort of excusable when we both worked full time.....but now that I'm at home.....well....we I should be able to do better.....

Of course....there is the issue of how deliciously good restaurant food taste....I mean.....darn those restaurants.....why do they make it taste....so......good......ugh!!  But then again.....I guess that is there job....right?

Ok....so we need good tasting food at home.....WELL......I told you guys HERE about the gold mine that I stumbled onto called the Skinny Crock Pot.....

So.....one small update.....they are now called Skinny Ms. Slow Cooker.....and you can find them HERE......

We've tried three of their recipes and all three were delicious.....I told you about the Moroccan Chicken we made HERE......

And today I want to tell you about the Balsamic Chicken......Yuuuuuummmmmm!!  It is SO good!!  We just finished eating some for dinner :)

Here's a look at my plate tonight.....


We served it over wheat pasta....IT WAS DELICIOUS!!  And just like the Moroccan Chicken....SO EASY!!

So.....here is the recipe copied from the Skinny Ms. Slow Cooker page......

    Ingredients:
    4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
    2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
    1 onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
    4 garlic cloves
    1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
    2 tblsp olive oil
    1 tsp each: dried oregano,basil, and rosemary
    1/2 tsp thyme
    ground black pepper and salt to taste

Preparation:
   1. Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot 

   2. Place in chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast 
   3. Put sliced onion on top of chicken 
   4. Put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves 
   5. Pour in vinegar
   6. Top with tomatoes

Cook on high 4 hours in slow cooker, serve over angel hair pasta.


I follow this recipe to the letter and it is perfect just as it is.....

Here's a couple of pics that I took as I was putting everything together....

The ingredients.....

And then the most difficult (ha, ha) part of the recipe......slicing up the onion.....


Add the olive oil to the crock pot....and then the chicken, salt, and pepper.....


Cover the chicken with the chopped onions....



Next....add in the spices......


Using the freeze dried garlic is another little "cheat" that I do to cut down on prep time....it works great and can be used just like fresh garlic!

Next pour in the balsamic vinegar and then top everything with the tomatoes.....


And soon your house will be smelling SO delicious!!

Then right before the slow cooker is done....just cook a little bit of pasta......And soon you'll be enjoying this.....


Ohhhhhh........it is SO good :)

So....what do you guys think.....pretty easy, huh.....and healthy too!  If any of you give it a try.....I'd love to know what you think about it....

Gotta run.....

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I just seen were my niece posted this so I'm on it tonight.but how long in the crock pot? high or low? thanks ....it looks so yummmmmy can't wait to try.But I'm using rice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...