Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Master Bedroom....A Little Change Makes a BIG Difference....

Hello all.....Happy Wednesday :)

Is your week off to a productive start?  Around here we are still working on the Master Bathroom makeover that I told you about HERE....we made NO progress yesterday....I had to take our little girl to the doctor....so that pretty much killed most of the day.....SO.....no progress to report on that project.....

HOWEVER....I do have a little something to share concerning another room in our house that is a work in progress......the Master Bedroom.....

My plan was to show you how a recent little change made such a major difference..........but I CANNOT find a recent "before" picture.....UGH!!  THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!  I KNOW I HAVE ONE!!

Anyway....whatever....we'll work with what we've got......so I'll have to go back a bit and show you a SUPER Before picture.....so.....get ready.....it's really bad.......no seriously.....it's bad......so......cover your eyes if you must......because.....here it is.......

Ha....Ha!!  I know it could be worse......but how do you like those unpacked suitcases at the foot of the bed.....nice......as you can see I worked very hard on "staging" this photo .....ummmm .....yeah......NOT.....seriously....I don't even remember when this photo was taken.....this was before we got new bedroom furniture.....

So.....there's really no reason to delay the after photo.....so here you go.....


Oh....yeah....momma likes......

We've come a long way baby!!  Well....sorta.....

Like I mentioned we did get new furniture a couple years ago....and that did make a HUGE difference....BUT you will notice that the bedding is all the same....yep.....I think we've had it for like 8 years....it's from Wal-Mart.....but I like it and it looks very much like the much pricier Hotel Collection version....and feels like it too :)

BUT.....the recent small change that we made was to add the mirrors behind each nightstand.....it made a BIG difference!!  I got the mirrors for my birthday.....they are from Hobby Lobby....and the Hubs got them 50% off.....woo hoo.....way to go Hubs!!

I just love the way they frame the bed and give that wall some bling.....

And as you can see.....they are most awesome at night when they reflect the light from the lamps back into the room.....what an awesome glow!!  The ambiance is amazing ;)

And just for your viewing pleasure....here are a few more pics.....




Like I said....this room is a work in progress.....it is definitely not finished.....but we are piecing it together....and once the Master Bath is finished we will turn our attention here.....so there will be much more to come.....yay!  I'm excited :)

Sooooo.....what do you guys think?  Likey?  Have any of you ever used mirrors like this in your bedrooms or other places in your house?  Just curious....I'm always interested to find out what other folks are doing.....

Well....I've gotta run....

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...