Thursday, April 12, 2012

Downton Abbey?

Hello friends.... I hope you all are having a good week!!

All goes pretty well here....we've had our usual struggles this week....but overall life is good :)

So....we have a lot to do this weekend, BUT I can't get something off my mind......and I'm wondering if any of you have heard about.....

Has anyone heard of a show called Downton Abbey?  I believe it is a PBS show....yeah....yeah....I know.....when I think PBS.....I think Sesame Street too.....or maybe Reading Rainbow if you really want to go old school.....geez I loved that show when I was a kid.....

But anyway.....I digress......

I've been hearing a lot of people talk about Downton Abbey....and how they can't stop watching it once they start.....

When I first heard of it.....I thought.....ummmm......that sounds boring......but now that I'm hearing how so many people love it......I'm thinking.....well.....maybe I should give it a shot......

So.....for those of you that have never heard of it.....here's a pic from the PBS website.....

Source:  PBS

And here is the synopsis available on the PBS website.....
The Downton Abbey estate stands a splendid example of confidence and mettle, its family enduring for generations and its staff a well-oiled machine of propriety. But change is afoot at Downton — change far surpassing the new electric lights and telephone. A crisis of inheritance threatens to displace the resident Crawley family, in spite of the best efforts of the noble and compassionate Earl, Robert Crawley (Hugh Bonneville, Miss Austen Regrets); his American heiress wife, Cora (Elizabeth McGovern); his comically implacable, opinionated mother, Violet (Maggie Smith, David Copperfield); and his beautiful, eldest daughter, Mary, intent on charting her own course. Reluctantly, the family is forced to welcome its heir apparent, the self-made and proudly modern Matthew Crawley (Dan Stevens), himself none too happy about the new arrangements. As Matthew's bristly relationship with Mary begins to crackle with electricity, hope for the future of Downton's dynasty takes shape. But when petty jealousies and ambitions grow among the family and the staff, scheming and secrets — both delicious and dangerous — threaten to derail the scramble to preserve Downton Abbey. Created and written by Oscar-winner Julian Fellowes (Gosford Park), Downton Abbey offers a spot-on portrait of a vanishing way of life.    


I think they are on Season 2 now....but I've been told that the entire Season 1 is available on Netflix.....and since we already have Netflix.....well......maybe.....

SO.....anyone out there watching this show?  PLEASE DO TELL!!  I'm really interested to know what you guys think about it.....is it worth my time?  I mean.....nobody really NEEDS another TV show to watch.....right?  BUT if it's really good, then I can probably be persuaded :)

I'll let you know if I decide to give it a go.....

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal



1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hi Kristal,
I am here to persuade you to try Downton Abbey, if you haven't already. This post was from a month ago and I am late to the party!
I started watching the show just like you're thinking of watching, with the first season on Netflix.
Your problem will not be "Do I start watching Downton Abbey" but "Holy crap, where in the heck can I find Season 2" because it's a little harder to find. Though, by now, maybe the BBC website has Season 2 available to view.
Such a great show! I'm even in love with the opening theme music.
Can't wait to hear if you liked it.
Amanda
PS. Love your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...