Wednesday, October 5, 2011

More Spray Paint Love....a Ceiling Fan Makeover

Hello all!!  Well it's been an eventful start to the week....I won't get into all the details, but Thanks Be to God that everything has worked out ok!!

So....I've already professed my love of spray paint to you all....so since my secret is out....I thought it was time to show you another spray paint project....

So....as usual.....I didn't take enough pictures.....ugh!!  I promise....I am doing better on this.....there will be posts with sufficient pics in the future.....promise!!  But for now.....we'll just have to make do.....don't worry I've got the Before and After pics and that's really all that matters anyway!!

So here's the deal with our house.....the people who built it really spent some $ in some areas.....and really didn't spend $ in other areas.....it is BIG TIME obvious!!  One area that they did not spend $ on was fixtures.....they were SO bad!!  We've changed out a lot of them and made over some others....so today I'm sharing one of these lovely hideous fixtures and how I made it over with just a little spray paint.....

So.....this is what I started with.......

I know......I know......isn't it SO beautiful awful.......go ahead......bask in the glow of it's loveliness hideousness......Ha!  Sometimes you just gotta laugh....ya know......

It is one of those contractor grade ceiling fans....white.....with gold.....oh yeah....so not my favorite!  This baby was living in our guest room.....and since we don't go in there all that often.....it had survived in there WAY TO LONG!  Our guest room has a black headboard and black furniture.....so I decided to make the ceiling fan match.

So first I got the hubs to take it down for me and then help me take it apart.  It was kinda dirty....yuck....so I gave everything a good wipe down.  And then out to the garage for a little makeover.....

Remember all those SECRETS that I told you about a successful spray paint job.....well....if you've forgotten, then go here to refresh your memory.

In addition to spray painting the blades and the body of the fan (make sure you have separated out the motor part -- you don't want to get any paint in there!!).....I decided that I wanted to also do something with the glass globes (where the light bulbs are).....so I got some frosting spray (which can be found in the spray paint section at Lowe's or Home Depot) to frost those baby's......the frosting spray is so cool....and very easy to work with.....

This was a quick and easy project.....just the way I like 'em!

And.....here's what I ended up with......


And here's a look with the light on.....


And just one more.....Before and After side by side....



Ok....so not too shabby....seriously.....it looks SO MUCH BETTER!!  And it finally matches everything else in the room....Yay!!  The best thing....it cost next to nothing to make this much needed change....Yahoo!! 

So.....have any of you caught the spray paint bug yet?  Anyone thinking about tackling a project like this?  PLEASE....DO TELL......I would love to hear about it :)

Until next time....

XOXO,
Kristal

I'm linking up here.....

6 comments:

Malissa Scott said...

It truly does look waaay better!! I can't wait to see it in person!

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Thanks Malissa!!

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...

Malissa - Can't wait for you to see it :)

Kristal @ Engineering Life and Style said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Girl said...

I gave my fan a makeover too!

http://www.pardonoursawdust.com/2012/08/26/fantastic/

Thanks for sharing yours!

Staci said...

Better! Now that you have transformed your ceiling fan from boring, ol’ white to a striking piece of room accessory, it looks WAY better. The previous owner must have thought that some of the areas in the house didn’t need that much redecoration. They might have decided to be more selective and to stay within budget.

Staci Severns

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...