Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Marketers Dream & Some More Love for Fall

SO......I went into Wal-Mart today on a quick errand....all I needed was a bottle of Soy Sauce......AND..... $53 dollars later I was on my way home.....Ugh!!  Are you kidding me??  And as I was replaying in my mind how I went from my $2 bottle of Soy Sauce to my $53 bill.....I thought.....I am a marketing persons dream!!  Seriously......I am a sucker the target audience.....the demographic of choice......GEEZ.....they have my number!! 

Well.....ok.....so now you've heard the bad news about my big bill, but before you judge too much.....just wait until you see some of what I got!!

Remember when I told you here that I was Willing Fall to come.....well.....it's not quite here yet......so I thought maybe I needed a little more Fall decor to really cinch the deal.....

So.....when I saw these beauties.....I just had to have them.....




I know.....I know.....I am officially OLD for getting excited over Mums......but I don't care.....I like them!  These guys were so big and had so many blooms.....just gorgeous......I looked at the tag and they are "Wal-Mart" brand, so if you're interested you could probably find them at your own local Wally World.  In my opinion they were a little expensive....$12 each......but my Mom said  that was a good price.....so I am going with that.....yeah....yeah.....what I meant to say was......they were a steal at only $12 each.....LOL! 

BUT.....you know I couldn't just stop there.....I rounded the corner.....and what do you know.....there they were.....some BIG.....BEAUTIFUL.....PUMPKINS!!!  Nothing quite says Fall, like a pumpkin!! 

Every year we like to have a pumpkin carving party....it's become sort of a ritual at our house.....and last year I waited way to late and the only pumpkins left.....well.....what can I say.....they weren't pretty......those were the most ugly.....messed up pumpkins I had ever seen.......SO.......when I saw these most lovely pumpkins today.....of course......I had to have them.....

So.....I added some pumpkins to the mix.....



AND.....I totally love how these little additions added to our entryway (please ignore the old mat, door that needs to be stained, etc, etc).....


And.....a look at the bigger picture....


The Sago palms next to all that Fall decor sort of cracks me up.....just doesn't seem right.....like seeing a palm tree with snow on it or something......

Anyway.....after all that goodness.....I think I've almost forgot about my little overspend at Wal-Mart.....well....almost.....

Have you ever gone into the store for something little and emerged later with a big bill and a load full of stuff?  Oh....come on.......surely I'm not alone in this.......

Anybody doing any last minute Fall decorating?  I'd love to hear about it......

Until next time.....

XOXO,
Kristal

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...