Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Kali Part I - Making Miniature Chalkboard Signs

Well.....it's been two weeks now....and I still haven't posted about my little girls birthday party.....it was SO fun.....so I'm really excited to share the details :)

But the truth is that I am waiting to get pictures from my brother and sister-in-law's camera....they always take most of the pictures (and I am SO thankful) b/c I never have time to take any.....I'm always running around like a crazy person trying to make sure everything is going ok and everyone is having fun!! 

BUT....I do have a few pictures that I took before the party.....so I thought I would share one of the fun little things that I put together to decorate the birthday girls table of goodies :)

SO......what am I talking about.....well....here's a hint.....


Yep.....that's right....I made some cute little chalkboard signs to decorate our party table :)

I was so happy with how they turned out.....and they were SUPER easy to make!!

I started out with some very cheap picture frames from Wal-Mart.....I think the bigger one (black frame) was $2 and the little plastic one was less than $1....


And then I got some Krylon Chalkboard Spray Paint......Ohhhh....yeah.....ya'll know about my love for spray paint :)


This was my first time to use chalkboard paint.....and I've wanted to try it for a while.....so I was pretty excited to finally have a reason to try it out!!

SO.....I just took the glass out of the frame and gave it a good spray paint job.....if you've forgotten my tips for a good spray paint job.....then go HERE to get a refresher......but of course....no need to sand the glass :)

And soon.....I had these.....






TOO CUTE!!  BUT I can't take any credit for the cute chalk work.....my sister did all of the "writing" on the chalkboards.....and I thought she did a great job.....chalk can be a little difficult to work with.......

And....then I decided to add a little ribbon with some double sided tape, so that the chalkboards would have some coordinating color......

Here is one after the ribbon was put on......


AND....just for fun.....here's a little sneak peak at our birthday table with our chalkboards in place.....

The Candy Bar......those little SweetTart Gummies were delicious.....people just kept talking about those.....I think they might be addictive....LOL......


And my favorite.....The Chocolate Bar......

YUMMMM.....Lot's of Hershey's Kisses :)


And the really cool thing....since they are chalkboards.....you can just erase them and use them again....so I used them for the Hubs birthday too......after I removed the ribbon of course :)



Super cool....I'm thinking you'll see them show up again in the future....perhaps in my holiday mantle decor....or something.....

SO.....I can't wait to show you the rest of the party details!!  As soon as I get the pics....I promise I'll share :)

SO.....anyone else out there experimented with chalkboard paint?  PLEASE DO TELL!!  I have to say....I'm diggin it!! 

Well....it's getting late.....so I guess I better run....

Until next time.....

XOXO-
Kristal

Sharing With....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...